Shelter and housing resources

Emergency shelter

There are various shelter organizations that can offer you a place to stay in an emergency: a temporary solution that will allow you to escape an immediate risk.

Cancelling your lease

It is possible to request a lease cancellation from the provincial rental control board (Tribunal administratif du logement, formerly known as the Régie du logement) if you experienced sexual violence in your home and you fear for your safety or that of a minor living with you. There are organizations that will provide support throughout the administrative process.